Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What it comes down to! And a Thank You

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess what it all comes down to is who out here really wants to see Super8 taken to the next level. Whatever that may be--sound, cameras, lenses, editing, the list goes on.
    What I think needs to happen is try to make the best possible work on Super8 so that it moves away from the "grainy-home-movie-look" to something higher--I know that is what I try to do when I shoot Super8.

    I have a hard time trying to sell people on Super8 because of the stereotype people have created in their head. I can sign on with a project show up with my Aaton and take great pictures--then I see in the script a shot that would look great in Super8 and the director rolls his eyes. That is what gets me!

    I want to see Super8 move from the home to the theater not as small bits of films but good portion of a film. I look at Super8 as giving better results than DV--yet like DV it is just another paintbrush in my pocket. That is why this magazine/publication/whatever it is is so great sounding to me.

    I really would like to thank all of those people that look to what I have to say and come away learning something. I never really thought that it was noticed by so many people. Good Luck to All

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dogstarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2000
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes sir, I is very much noticed. We appreciate it.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Adam

    Im glad you feel the way you do. Although as you know, I am still learning alot, Super8 is a medium that should be taken seriously, and with TIME, that will happen. Super8 was a medium created for the consumer and not the professional, but it is up to people like us to prove them wrong. Little by little things will change, and these little discussions will make a difference. Awhile back, a small group of students who were buddies shot a spoof horror on a particular religion (Morman, no offense to anyone) and it was great. They shot it in a day, and had it transfered to tape, edited it, and showed in a THEATRE at school. It looked marvelous. Though it was intended to look grainy, the instructor was impressed! Though this is only a school event, super8 can be taken seriously, but only time will tell. Put your hearts into your projects, and give it all you got, regardless of the funding, and you will come away with a gem.
    Thanks for your input Adam.
    Another Super8 friend,
    Scott W Sarver

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    A short and sweet thread with good positive feedback...Encouraging news for the recent discussion on this forum about starting a super-8 film class for High School Kids.

    -Alex

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •